GCSP Program Elements
The National Academy of Engineering and Georgia Tech believes that students need to develop the following skills to be a competitive engineer who is ready for the challenges our world faces in the 21st century. This experience will show, beyond just mere words, that you are a student who is ready to take on these challenges.
- Research Competency : Understand a problem in depth and explore creative hypotheses and solutions.
- Multidisciplinary Competency: Practice working in diverse teams to incorporate different perspectives
- Entrepreneurship Competency : Get traction by making your innovative ideas sustainable with a business plan.
- Multicultural Experience: Experience other cultural and explore the implications of your solutions in the context of the culture you are trying to serve.
- Social Consciousness: Show you are motivated to provide solutions that positively impacts society.